20 Social Media Marketing Hacks to Get More Done In Less Time
If you’re an entrepreneur, then you’re probably looking for ways to cut corners and maximize your time. However, you also need to market your business effectively in order to drive bottom line results. The great news is that there are lots of things you can do and tools you can use in order to get the best results for your time and budget.
Below are 20 social media and online marketing hacks you can implement to improve your marketing performance without spending 40 hours a week behind your computer.
1. Find the Best Time to Tweet: Gain insights and optimize your social strategy with Tweriod, which will track, report and share the times of day when you’re most likely to get the most traction from your Tweets.
2. Social Embeds: When creating blog posts, use the Facebook and Twitter embed functions on your posts. These are not only quick call to actions, but also, a way for your social media profiles to improve your site rankings.
3. Social Media Dashboard: Manage your social media through the use of dashboard applications. A dashboard will allow you to sync multiple account types and post to multiple networks at once, reducing the need to manually log into each account all the time. One of my favorites is HootSuite.
4. Twitter Profile Cards: One method to improve your branding and generate leads is to pin a Twitter card at the top of your Twitter profile. The profile card has 9 card variations. Boost engagement & create a call to action for viewers.
5. Popular Instagram Hashtags: Stay up to date with the top Instagram hashtags. Websta.me tracks and filters on the most popular hashtags for Instagram. Increase engagement with the content that is trending.
6. Stay On Top of Everything: Want a daily summary of the activity from your social networks all in one place? The Perch app will can track personal and competitor’s Foursquare, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Yelp and Google activity.
7. Boost Audience Engagement with SlideShare: Create content with SlideShare and auto post to LinkedIn and Twitter. You can easily repurpose your current, evergreen content into a Slideshare to reach an even wider audience without spending a lot more time creating new content.
8. Instant Graphic Design with Canva: Tired of waiting for a graphic designer? With Canva, anyone can quickly create high-end marketing graphics, social media graphics and presentations.
9. Easy Contests: Ever wanted to promote a contest or sweepstakes? Enhance your marketing strategy with Woobox. Boost your promotions with coupons, quizzes and more.
10. Write Content That Gets Noticed: Seeking to write content that goes viral? Use BuzzSumo to analyze trending content and learn what the best content that will convert for your readers.
11. Live Video Visibility: Live Video is the future for all businesses. Use a tool like the Blab to share your message live with an engaged audience. You’ll also get a recording so you can re-share your content on other platforms.
12. Presentations in a Flash: Do you need a great presentation for your proposals or to use on Slideshare? Slideteam.net has thousands of great presentations to choose from. Grab one, add your content and you’re done! Professional results with minimal time!
13. Stay Up To Date: Keep abreast of the day’s hot topics across social media accounts such as, Facebook, and LinkedIn with Newsle. Newsle searches the content created by your connections & summarizes it for you.
14. Landing Pages for Facebook: Want to promote your contest, event, product or something else on Facebook? Create a great landing page with 22Social that hooks up to your own mailing provider so you can collect leads directly from your Facebook page.
15. Thank EVERYONE! In addition to providing some pretty great analytics, Commun.it lets you set up campaigns to ensure your followers and influencers get a thank you from you each week. WARNING: Don’t let this take the place of genuine one-on-one thank you’s. Use it to save yourself a little time on busy weeks but don’t neglect the real engagement!
16. Consumer Insights: Use Consumer Barometer to analyze and gather research statistics and data that you can use when creating content. For example, know the percentage of people who use smartphones in the United States.
17. Do More With Less: A tool like IFTTT will allow you to create recipes for life so you can get more done with a single click. Save your Instagram photos to Dropbox automatically, post all Facebook posts over to Google+ or just get a map to where you parked your car. The possibilities are endless!
18. Data Analysis of Twitter Profiles: Get detailed data from a Twitter Profile using Riffle. This chrome extension will provide detailed data on the most tweeted days, popular hashtag entries, statuses of Google+, LinkedIn and Klout.
19. Search Operators: Using the Google search operators you can narrow down your search results for better and faster Googling. You can filter your search to a particular set of terms or even content within a particular site.
20. Connect More Personally: I recently found a new tool that I’ve been having lots of fun with. Some say it’s a bit creepy but I’ve found it to be highly accurate when it comes to communicating with others. CrystalKnows is a web tool and GMail plug-in that analyzes public information (LinkedIn, media quotes, blogs, etc.) written by or about an individual and helps you better communicate with them by using algorithms to determine personality, communication style and more. It helps you determine whether to keep conversations short or longer and more detailed. It gives you insights into their general personality and makes recommendations for the best ways to get them to respond.
The information and tools I’ve shared above can be a tremendous help when it comes to cutting corners and getting better results. Don’t forget, however, that marketing is all about relationships. Don’t over automate. Don’t stop listening to the very real people who are online today and in need of your services. Don’t use social media as a broadcasting tool to blast your advertisements out without considering the value you bring to your audience.
Are you struggling to implement an effective marketing plan for your business? Would you like some help? The best time saver of all can be a virtual assistant! Contact us and schedule an appointment. We’re ready to help!